Picture of Attorney Daniella Lyttle


Even though a judgment may be referred to as a final divorce or a final parent-child relationship judgment, these “final” judgments can be modified. This is called a “Suit to Modify” and can be used to modify conservatorship, possession, access, and child support. It can also be used when a parent needs to relocate and the final order contains a geographical restriction.

A Suit to Modify can be filed when there is a substantial change in life circumstances. Under Texas law, these changes may include:

  • When one parent needs to relocate for either employment or other reasons, that parent would need a custody modification.
  • When a child’s needs change due to illness or other serious issues, a parent may need to file for child support modification to provide adequately for the child.
  • An unsafe or unstable home environment for a child, such as a place that lacks proper supervision, where there is violence or drug use may require a change of custody.
  • A decrease in earnings or loss of employment for a non-custodial parent may require that parent to file for a child support change.
  • A parent’s change in their criminal history record may also require a change in custody.

There are many reasons for seeking a modification of a final order. Courts can also modify custody and child support orders when the parties are in agreement and it is in the child’s best interest.

The consequences of not complying with your current order can be severe. Do not stop paying child support, relocate, or make any other changes before consulting with an experienced and capable modification attorney.

When Should You Hire a Modification Attorney to Modify a Final Order?

When the possession schedule is no longer workable or appropriate or when a change in child support is needed, we can help you modify your order to fit present circumstances. The Lyttle Law Firm can give you and your family peace of mind in navigating through the modification process. Daniella Lyttle, of the Lyttle Law Firm, has experience in assisting individuals through the modification process and can help you negotiate a modification or litigate it in Court if needed. We provide knowledgeable and responsive representation. The attorney and law firm staff make it a priority to be available for you and help you make important decisions for your modification case. Contact the Lyttle Law Firm for a one-hour consultation today.

Client Reviews
"Before finding you, I had contracted three different lawyers. You were able to quickly resolve and settle a case that I thought was impossible for settle. Because of your expertise and your professionalism, I was able to save thousands of dollars that I can now dedicate to my family. You were sharp, creative, and a strong advocate for me and my family in the Courtroom and in negotiations with the opposing side. Thank you so much for the work that you do!" T.F.
"Daniella, you helped me during the darkest and most difficult time in my life. You were always honest, gave me realistic expectations, and you were prepared for anything in the Courtroom and out of the Courtroom. I will be forever grateful for what you did for me and my children. Because of you, I feel that I got a settlement that will put me on the right path for this next chapter of my life as a divorced parent. Thank you and your wonderful team! you all are great!" A.R.
"Ms. Lyttle's name was given to me by a mutual friend who described Ms. Lyttle as an intelligent lawyer with an athlete's competitive spirit. Ms. Lyttle was a wonderful representative of calm preparedness during what became a lengthy and tenacious divorce litigation. I appreciated her knowledge, her calmness despite the fact that I was very anxuous, and her polite and respectful attitude in the courtroom, and outside of it. Ms. Lyttle helped me to stay focused on the larger picture, and her experience and advice came to me at a time when I was desperate and depended on her. I am glad to report I placed my trust in someone who actually delivered." R.E.
"I have known Ms. Lyttle for more than two years. She has represented me in my divorce and then in my modification/enforcement case in the most proffessional manner. Ms. Lyttle's ethics are of the highest standards. Her friendship , courtesy ,knowledge and honesty have become very important to me during the last two years as she represented me in my family law case. I have recommended Ms. Lyttle to a many friends facing family law matters and I know I can count on Ms. Lyttle should I need her again in the future." A.W.