Family Law in Guadalupe County
Named after the mighty Guadalupe River, Guadalupe County is located some 90 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico, bordered by Bexar, Caldwell, Comal, Gonzales, Hays, and Wilson counties. Its county seat and largest town is Seguin, found some time 25 miles southwest of Austin, with an estimated population of 27,864.
The Guadalupe County family law attorneys of the Lyttle Law Firm are proud to help our clients in with any matters concerning family law. We have years of experience serving families and couples in the Greater Austin Area, so you can rest assured that you’re not just getting expert advice, but advice that’s actually placed in the context of Texas state laws.Common Challenges of Family Law Cases
Austin family law attorney Daniella Lyttle has handled hundreds of family law cases in Texas, treating each case with sensitivity and attention to detail. We are all too familiar with the challenges of disputes between couples and family members, and how they can have serious consequences to your relationships, mental well-being, and finances.
Our services are open to Guadalupe County residents looking for assistance with their family law matters. Our practice areas include:
- Divorce – Spouses who file for divorce in Texas must first prove their residence in the state six months prior to initiating the divorce proceedings. Without a divorce attorney by your side, things can get very messy, not to mention expensive.
- Annulments – There are instances when the better option for ending a marriage is an annulment instead of a divorce. The former declares the marriage null and void, erasing its record from your personal history.
- Division of assets – Because Texas is a community property states, spouses share equal ownership of all assets and income acquired during the course of their marriage. But there are instances when one spouse can negotiate to have one asset over the other—for example, the family home in exchange for a smaller share of her share of the retirement savings.
- Child custody – Child custody cases can be one of the most intense aspects of family litigation. Your attorney will help you make the case that you deserve legal custody of your child and should have a say in his welfare and education.
- Prenuptial agreements – The Lyttle Law Firm can draft prenuptial agreements for marrying couples in Guadalupe County. Although many people believe prenups jinx the marriage, the truth is that millions of happy couples have signed prenuptial agreements to protect themselves from headaches should the worst happen.
Family law cases should never be taken lightly. When you take on a family dispute or separation without competent representation, you are putting your relationships with your family, children, and spouse at risk. You may also end up hurting your finances beyond repair.
If you’re a resident of Guadalupe County, as well as Hays, Travis, Williamson, Caldwell, and Bastrop Counties, and need family law advice, contact the Lyttle Law Firm today to schedule a consultation with Daniella Lyttle. We are more than happy to discuss how to resolve your case as smoothly and quickly as possible. Call our offices today at (512) 215-5225, or use our contact form to schedule an appointment.